none
SSRS 2012 problem with excel export

Question

• Hello
    I updated SSRS 2005 up to SSRS 2012. When I exported report in excel (xlsx)  I got following warning :

"We found a problem with some conent in 'filnename.xlsx'.Do you want to try to recover as much as we can? if you trust the source of this workbook,click yes"

After Pressing Yes Button

"REpaired Recors: Cell information from .xl.worksheets.sheet1.xml port"

0.00000000000000000000 this is in string format instead decimal

This heppens if i have decimal(38.20) variable in table and record value is 0.

To avoid this problem i must change report and use this expression
    =IIF(Fields!SomeValue.Value = 0, 0, Fields! SomeValue.Value)
    for value in report, but this is not sulution for me because we have more then hundred reports.

Is any other solution?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hi LashaGurgenidze,

The issue seems to be related to the Excel 2010 or the Excel 2007-2010 rendering extension in SSRS 2012. If possible, I suggest that you keep the Office 2010 and the SQL Server 2012 up to date, and check the issue again.

In order to solve the issue, we can enable the Excel 2003 rendering extension in SSRS 2012, and use this render when exporting to Excel. We can modify the EXCEL render extension in the rsreportserver.config file as follows:
    <Extension Name="EXCEL" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"/>
    Then, the Excel 2003 render extension will be available in the Export drop-down list.

By default, the file is located in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer. Before we modify it please backup the rsreportserver.config file.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi LashaGurgenidze,

Thank you for your reply.

You can try to keep the Office and the SQL Server 2012 up to date, and check the issue again.

If the issue persist, you can submit a wish to the Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Friday, November 15, 2013 1:21 AM

All replies

• Hi LashaGurgenidze,

The issue seems to be related to the Excel 2010 or the Excel 2007-2010 rendering extension in SSRS 2012. If possible, I suggest that you keep the Office 2010 and the SQL Server 2012 up to date, and check the issue again.

In order to solve the issue, we can enable the Excel 2003 rendering extension in SSRS 2012, and use this render when exporting to Excel. We can modify the EXCEL render extension in the rsreportserver.config file as follows:
    <Extension Name="EXCEL" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"/>
    Then, the Excel 2003 render extension will be available in the Export drop-down list.

By default, the file is located in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer. Before we modify it please backup the rsreportserver.config file.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi Alisa
    Your solution is not acceptable to me, because we want to export reports in xlsx format.
    We are using Ms Office 2013 and MS SQL 2012 Versions. We already have done all updates, but still have this problem.
    It is important for us because there are few reasons:

1) Old excel (xls) has rows limitation (65536 Rows) and our data  are more than 65536 Rows.
    2)This happens if variables is decimal(38,20) and record value is equal to 0.

Can Microsoft make hotfix to fix this bug? How can i send this problem to microsoft?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:22 AM
  • Hi LashaGurgenidze,

Thank you for your reply.

You can try to keep the Office and the SQL Server 2012 up to date, and check the issue again.

If the issue persist, you can submit a wish to the Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Friday, November 15, 2013 1:21 AM
  • Hi Lasha,

I have had this problem also and created a workaround.

If you make an expression like

IIf( Fields!xx.Value=0,"0",Fields!xx.Value)

The report generates a nice 0 in Excel 2010 and 2013 ...

Rob

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I know that IIf( Fields!xx.Value=0,"0",Fields!xx.Value) generates 0 in excel, in this case i must change every report, but i have more then hundred reports and this is not solution for me.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:26 AM