none
my Rocketfish 5.1 sound card does not work well windows 7 what can I do help me someone please?

Question

• My Rocketfish 5.1 PCI sound card is work properly Whenever I try to use the installation CD the came with to install it, it crashed my computer and causing my computer to repair and restore at a previous before if not its difficult to start. when I turn my computer on the sound card is making a frying sound in the speakers and I can't hear no music from it. I tried installing the CD in compable mode that came with it still did not correctly only end up crashing my PC. what can I do Please someone help me make it work. my computer's motherboard is a Gigabyte K8NSC939, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.01 GHZ, 2.50 RAM, 32-bit operating system. 

Please help make it work someone? thanks! email at nathernell@yahoo.com 

Monday, June 29, 2009 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nicahlos,

The fact that your speakers are making a "frying sound" and any attempt to install drivers for the card cause an instant blue screen lead me to believe that there is some kind of hardware problem - either with the card itself, the motherboard, or the way that it is seated in the PCI slot.
    -Alex
    Monday, June 29, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Hi Nicahlos

You will need to contact the manufacturer of that sound card to get the current driver.

Here is a link to their website.

Rocketfish Support Information

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, June 29, 2009 4:09 PM
  • thank you
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:57 AM
  • thank you
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:57 AM
  • I have the same problem, it isn't a hardware issue.  Nicahlos, were you ever able to get this resolved?  Additionally, rocketfish is no help (no big surprise there, it's bestbuy's house brand).  My only thing is, since it's a bestbuy card, we should be able to find some generic driver.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:53 AM
  • Apparently it's basically a rebadged Creative Labs card, perhaps an Audigy Value.

You could try the Win7 drivers Creative has released for the Audigy and Live series:

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=14189&prodName=Audigy Value&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:20 AM
  • I tried reinstalling with the provided disc, and instead of installing "just the drivers" I installed the full suite.  The sound works fine now.  For anyone with this card, make sure you do a full reboot BEFORE you an install of the drivers, and then immediately reboot.  I was doing a lot of the "first time" stuff all at once (video drivers, system preferences, vlc, izarc, basic software, etc) and when the card caused the system to crash I lost everything, it reverted back to the previous state (fresh install).
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:11 PM
  • I had this same problem.  Try installing the SB audigy LS drivers.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:26 AM
  • Just throwing my 2 cents in here.  I am having the same problems with the Rocket Fish card on Windows 7.  Every attempt to install the included driver causes my machine to bluescreen.

Windows 7 does auto detect my card and install as an Audigy LS too.  However there is no usable sound coming from the system.  All the sound is static using the Windows drivers.  I have also downloaded the drivers from Creative and have the same trouble. 

Is anyone using the card successfully??????

Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Thats what happened to me too!
    Friday, September 25, 2009 5:38 PM
  • Rocketfish now has the product and drivers listed on the website here. The card is listed as Vista compatible. The quick set-up quide definitely states to immediately reboot after running the install app. There is another mention that you select start>control panel>uninstall a program>select repair>and point it back to the installation file, then immediately reboot.

If it detects it as an audigy LS-go to device manager and select update driver from the properties tab on the sound card and point it to the installation file. Close out and reboot.

Then, there is the install the drivers in compatibility mode- how to here- and reboot

Good luck!
    ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:20 PM
  • did you guys have any luck fixing this? i just got the rocketfish card and running windows 7, i did all you guys posted, nothing works
    • Proposed as answer by Russ.R Friday, October 30, 2009 8:26 PM
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:06 PM
  • Post is cool

Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:13 PM
  • Saturday, October 17, 2009 12:16 AM
  • I had all the same symptons for the Rocket Fish card install that the others mentioned.  As a last resort I used the link supplied by GMONEY 313 & down loaded the file from that link. After making sure that there was no drivers installed for the sound card via device manager I unzipped the new file & ran it's installer.    Once the install completed rebooted & viola! clean pure sound c/w a new audio control panel & settings available.
    Bottom line; that link & it's subsequent file solved my faulted RF-51SDCD card install to my new W7.

Thanks GMONEY 313 for posting;   Russ.R
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:43 PM
  • the windows 7 driver for the sound card at the rocket fish website is working for me it on my computer it works fine.
    • Proposed as answer by Nano Warp Tuesday, November 03, 2009 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:23 AM
  • so i have that card too nothing has worked for me so im trying gmoney's idea as well woot fun fun the past few days ive wanted to kill my self with this stupid thing but i have to say this windows 7 is amazing
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:56 AM
  • so in case anyone has to ask the Rocketfish 5.1 sound card does not work with the ultimate version of W7 it will only work with the RC version so if you are running the ultimate version of W7 your screwed by Rocketfish sorry to say that but FYI everyone
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 5:35 AM
  • Brandontech did you try the driver package that  gmoney  posted?

I had tried 3 other driver pkgs including RocketFish's W7 offering but to no avail, but had success with gmoney's posted link.    My version of W7 is Home Premium & I wouldn't think that it should make any difference with you using W7 Pro..  Just my thought I could be wrong!! & yes it was also a PITA & a lot of time spent fooling around for me also.   Card was about 1 hr away from getting returned to BB for a refund..  LoL!

Russ.R
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:16 PM
  • I work at BB and im taking the card back today when i go into work and getting a different card i cannot find a fix for this anywhere finally broke down and called rocketfish they said the driver is not compatible with the ultimate version..... I think its stupid wish i still had my Dynex sound card that was a great card.
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:42 PM
  • Well I'll be darned. Someone finally got a supplier ( RocketFish ) to fess up that they are blowing smoke up their customers kisters in listing their wonderful 'new' drivers being W7 compatible.  True for you & was also true for me that in point of fact not necessarily so.

I trust that you will be passing that along to your fellow workers, thus, perhaps avoid making new irate customers...

Russ.R
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 9:10 PM
  • dude, i work there too and im using the ultimate version, you have to make sure you delete all previous drivers that you tried to install first. trust me it works
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:13 PM
  • Hi all,
    If removing the previous drivers/old drivers before the installation of the new driver works, here's how to do that:

Remove a Driver Package from the Driver Store

By the way, be sure to disable any onboard audio device in the BIOS before installing the Rocketfish sound card.
    • Edited by Nano Warp Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:11 AM add info
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:09 AM
  • I have  windows7 Ultimate and my rocketfish 5.1 works great.........
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:52 PM
  • is anyone getting 5.1 sound through the digital TosLink?  I have it hooked up to my receiver, and when i TEST it using Windows through PLAYBACK DEVICES, i hear a sound from each channel in the Digital Device.  However, playing a movie/music or anything with sound results in no sound from the center, two rear speakers, or sub.  Help?

I am at work now, will try G-Money's package tonight.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:45 PM
  • still no 5.1 audio through TosLink, just 2.0 audio.  Argh~
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:22 PM
  • You should check your codec settings and specify S/PDIF as output of original audio stream instead of down-converted. Some codecs will allaow simutaneous output but takes some work to make every situation work. Only you can make a decision how you want certain streams played back. Sometimes just a fresh default installation of codecs may do the trick. Oh did I mention please do get either a test disc or a media file that for sure has all of the channels in use. Please dont try to do it like me having a DVD audio that  was recorded only with a stereo track...... yeas I know.... how dumb was that I wasted some time and nerves there

Hope this helps
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:26 AM
  • You may use a disk Checkup And try to install Microsoft Security Essensials by using MAPS. And see how the  system respond. But first, you may need to erase your security system as they asking for into the message box of the installation process.

Sunday, December 08, 2013 3:33 PM