none
How to Reset Administrator Password in Windows Server 2008R2

Question

• I'm using Windows Server 2008 r2 on my company Server. I forgot the administrator password as the password was expired and i cannot reset it now.

This is a domain controller, is there a easy way to reset Windows server 2008 admin assword without installing the system or losing the encryted files? Please help, thank you!

Monday, August 05, 2013 3:09 AM

Answers

• Tip 1. Reset Windows server 2008 admin password with free password reset disk

If you have created a password reset disk for your account, you can reset your forgotten administrator password easily. On the login screen, once you login your user account failed, you will see there is a link to reset password under the password box.

1. Insert your Server 2008 password reset disk and click the link.

2. A Reset Password Wizard pops up, click Next to continue.

3. Select the drive that password key disk in. Click Next.

4. Reset user account password: type in a new password for your user account and confirm. Then click Next.

5. Click Finish to complete the Password Reset Wizard. Then you can login that user with the new password.

Tip 2 Reset Windows Server 2008 Password with another admin account 

You can ask other user who has the admin account to login the server to help reset your password.

This is an available and easy way to reset a forgotten administrator password in WIndows server 2008/r2. Just login and open the Active Directory Controller and right choose your user account to reset its password.

Tip 3: Using a password recovery tool to recover WIndows server 2008 administrator password

This is a universal WIndows password recovery method which can fix any Windows system password issue.

1. Get Windows Password Rescuer and install it on another computer.

2. Burn password reset disk into USB or CD/DVD device with Windows password recovery.

3. Boot Windows server from password reset USB or CD disk

4. Reset forgotten Windows server 2008 password without data loss.

Detailed steps: http://www.wimware.com/how-to/reset-windows-server-2008-password.html

• Marked as answer by nordons Monday, August 05, 2013 3:53 AM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 3:50 AM

All replies

• I believe that you are referring to reset domain controller administrator password. FYI, Please see below articles.

http://www.howtogeek.com/106333/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-domain-admin-password-on-server-2008-r2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RD65n5Sd0

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/fbbc325d-aee1-4003-98b9-e8b5336bba7c/how-to-reset-windows-2008-r2-domain-controller-administrator-password

Monday, August 05, 2013 3:22 AM
  • Tip 1. Reset Windows server 2008 admin password with free password reset disk

If you have created a password reset disk for your account, you can reset your forgotten administrator password easily. On the login screen, once you login your user account failed, you will see there is a link to reset password under the password box.

1. Insert your Server 2008 password reset disk and click the link.

2. A Reset Password Wizard pops up, click Next to continue.

3. Select the drive that password key disk in. Click Next.

4. Reset user account password: type in a new password for your user account and confirm. Then click Next.

5. Click Finish to complete the Password Reset Wizard. Then you can login that user with the new password.

Tip 2 Reset Windows Server 2008 Password with another admin account 

You can ask other user who has the admin account to login the server to help reset your password.

This is an available and easy way to reset a forgotten administrator password in WIndows server 2008/r2. Just login and open the Active Directory Controller and right choose your user account to reset its password.

Tip 3: Using a password recovery tool to recover WIndows server 2008 administrator password

This is a universal WIndows password recovery method which can fix any Windows system password issue.

1. Get Windows Password Rescuer and install it on another computer.

2. Burn password reset disk into USB or CD/DVD device with Windows password recovery.

3. Boot Windows server from password reset USB or CD disk

4. Reset forgotten Windows server 2008 password without data loss.

Detailed steps: http://www.wimware.com/how-to/reset-windows-server-2008-password.html

• Marked as answer by nordons Monday, August 05, 2013 3:53 AM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 3:50 AM
  • Thank you so much!
    Monday, August 05, 2013 3:53 AM
  • You can also reset your forgotten domain admin password using PCUnlocker (www.top-password.com). It will also enable / unlock a locked-out or disabled user account and turn off password expiration. As a network administrator, I have used it for years and it has saved me many a time.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:09 PM