none
Network with two Internet Access

Question

• Hello everyone .. 
    Ok .. keeping it as short as I could .. 

Current setup: 
    2 Dell PowerEdge 2950 Servers Windows Server 2008 R2 each connected to it's own TP-Link router (TL-WR741ND) with static IP for dedicated internet connection .. 

Available: 
    Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch. 

Problem: 
    Connecting both servers to a LAN so they can communicate with each other directly regardless of the separate internet access ... 

Note: I'd rather find also a way to not use the CISCO switch if possible .. 

Any thoughts are highly appreciated .. 

• Edited by MyloHaba Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:17 PM
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• Maybe you can tell us what you're trying to accomplish with two ISPs redundancy? bandwidth? Also what else might be on network, domain, workgroup, etc.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 8:40 PM
  • Maybe you can tell us what you're trying to accomplish with two ISPs redundancy? bandwidth? Also what else might be on network, domain, workgroup, etc.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thanks Dave for responding ... 

Well the case is .. am supposed to setup the above network for a client of mine .. the client requires a SMS Gateway on one server with dedicated Database and dedicated internet access with a static IP .. thus that Server has it's own TP-Link router .. 
    Also the client requires another separate server for the filtration system with own dedicated Database and internet access with static IP .. thus that server too has it's own TP-Link router .. 

At the same time .. both servers has to talk to each other on a LAN to exchange data from both Databases .. notice on LAN not the Internet ... 

I am sure there most be someone who has done something like this before .. 

Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:15 PM
  • If no domain and other clients involved maybe you can use a second network interface (192.168.x.x, no gateway) on each and crossover cable.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:21 PM
  • The Filtration system is actual based around a web server .. so domain name is required ... 

The SMS Gateway connects to SMSC by SMPP and/or HTTP ... 

It is an interesting project that am sure would serve others .. all your help is highly appreciated .. 
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:26 PM