none
How to set proper "Sender" for Forefront EDGE server?

Question

• Hello,

I've Forefront EDGE server installed on stand alone Windows 2008R2 server.

Using "Send connectors" and configured smart host IP to use for all outgoing mails.

When mail is being quarantined and I go into FPES Console and try to deliver it manually to a different mailbox outside my Exchange server. I do not want it to be delivered to original recipient.

Mail fails because smart host server we use drops it with the following error: 550 5.1.8 invalid/host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed

This is because the Sender of this specified mail I tried to deliver is: ForefrontServerProtection@EDGE2.server

I couldn't find a way to change it in EDGE configuration,

Can you assist please?

Thanks 

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:33 PM

Answers

• Found the answer,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795078.aspx

For 32-bit systems (only valid during evaluation of FSE):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\ Notifications\FromAddress

For 64-bit systems:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Notifications\FromAddress

• Marked as answer by autogun Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:57 PM

All replies

• Found the answer,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795078.aspx

For 32-bit systems (only valid during evaluation of FSE):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\ Notifications\FromAddress

For 64-bit systems:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Notifications\FromAddress

• Marked as answer by autogun Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that.

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting steps with us. It would be greatly helpful to other community members who has similar needs.

Best regards,

Susie

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:35 AM