none
Outlook Anywhere headache - old domain wont go away

Question

• Hi,

I've inherited a SBS 2k8 system and the client would like to use outlook anywhere, however at some point they changed their domain but the server still thinks its on the old domain.

I got them an ssl certificate for mail.newdomain.co.uk installed it and everything was going well.

then I tested using the testing tool only for it to fail on the certificate as its still looking for mail.olddomain.co.uk

I've made sure outlook anywhere is pointing to the correct spot, and that the web access is using the new domain for its external address, but alas it just wont go.

I've run Get-ExchangeCertificate and the old domain is still listed with the IPWS tags but the new domain has no tags.

I cant work out how to get this to cooperate and I'm sure its something simple (possibly even a restart....) but im in need of fresh ideas, as its giving me a headache :(

Many thanks

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ok I've managed to get further now after a bit of tweaking, but now im getting 

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

I thought this was going to be simple, seems things just dont want to go my way today.

Any thoughts on this new development?

Monday, March 17, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Have you ran the "Set up your Internet Address" wizard in the SBS Console and changed the old to the new domain?
    Monday, March 17, 2014 3:42 PM