none
How do I make Office365 ProPlus available to my users?

Question

• Hi.

I ordered Office365 ProPlus for the users in my Office365 for Education environment. On the MVLS site I can see the part number, the quantity ordered and the coverage period, Jan 1st 2014 to March 31st 2014. I cannot get any response out of the reseller who processed our order and I am keen to make this available to my users when they come back to school on Monday. There is no indication I can find of what I do next or what should appear. Can anybody fill in the gaps?

Thanks in anticipation.

Niall Gibb (niall@live.ea.dundeecity.sch.uk)

Scotland

Friday, January 03, 2014 2:56 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. It transpires that my purchasing colleague who handled the order from our supplier for Office365 ProPlus received an email from Microsoft. Because this occurred over the Xmas vacation period when he was not in the office I was unaware of this email having been sent to him. When he returned from vacation I spoke to him, discovered this email had arrived in his absence, and once he forwarded it on to me and I processed it this completed the process and Office365 ProPlus became available within 365. Now I just need to allocate the licences and we will be up and running.

Thanks for your interest and apologies for raising this as a question in the forum when it was all simply internal communication problems.

Niall Gibb

Scotland

• Marked as answer by nmgibb Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:00 AM

All replies

• If you have subscribe Office 365, check the following steps to install Office on your machine.

1. Sign in to Office 365 by using your user ID.
    2. At the top right of the page, click Settings Settings: update your profile, install software and connect it to the cloud> Office 365 Settings.
    3. Click Software.
    4. On the Office page, select a Language, and then click Install.

For detailed information, refer to the link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/office365-suite-help/install-office-on-your-pc-or-mac-with-office-365-for-business-HA102822111.aspx

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 06, 2014 2:59 AM
  • In the O365 admin centre:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219421.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, January 06, 2014 5:51 AM
  • Tylor,

Sorry, I didn't make my problem clear enough. I know how to install the software when it is available but I have not yet reached the point where my subscription to Office365 ProPlus is available through our portal. I can get to the place you suggest and my users can, if they wish, download the standard Lync offering. Office is not yet available within our portal. Is there some step I should be looking to complete to get from placing the order with our supplier and Office365 ProPlus appearing for download in our portal?

Thanks in anticipation.

Niall

Monday, January 06, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Problem solved. It transpires that my purchasing colleague who handled the order from our supplier for Office365 ProPlus received an email from Microsoft. Because this occurred over the Xmas vacation period when he was not in the office I was unaware of this email having been sent to him. When he returned from vacation I spoke to him, discovered this email had arrived in his absence, and once he forwarded it on to me and I processed it this completed the process and Office365 ProPlus became available within 365. Now I just need to allocate the licences and we will be up and running.

Thanks for your interest and apologies for raising this as a question in the forum when it was all simply internal communication problems.

Niall Gibb

Scotland

• Marked as answer by nmgibb Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:00 AM