I have this environment:

3x Hubcas role server

5x Mailbox role server

2x DC server

All of them running on w2003 R2 SP2 64bits

The exchange version is 2007 SP2

I have several issues with scripting because the powershell is 1.0

For the moment i cant upgrade Exchange to sp3

Is there any way (even a new machine), to upgrade only the powershell to 2.0 ?

Kind Regards

Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi
       Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 are also available as part of the Windows Management Framework (WMF) Core Package on the Microsoft Download Center and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

The WMF Core Package available on the Microsoft Download Center and the Windows Update release contain the same binaries of the products, so you can now download them from either source.

Windows PowerShell 2.0 appears as an option in a Windows Update scan only if the computer meets the following conditions.

The computer has at least Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1

The computer does not have a non-RTM (CTP, Beta, RCs etc.) release of Windows PowerShell. (Windows PowerShell 1.0 RTM can be installed.)

If you meet any problem, you can get professional help on powershell forum
      http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/threads

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Unai Y Friday, April 20, 2012 6:31 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 3:10 AM
  • Hi

Thanks!!!

So, i can install for example the exchange management console in a 2003 server on the same domain as the other exchange server, update the powershell and winrm only in this one? Without updating the exchange servers with the sp3?

Great! Thanks!

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:31 AM