none
Problems with windows 8.1

Question

• I found couple of problems with the new windows 8.1 release...
    I am using Lenovo thinkpad with i5 2.5gz and 6GB RAM.

1. on windows 8 (9200) when i close an app it stop using memory too, so normally memory usage is about 30%,
    but after upgrading to windows 8.1, even after closing all apps in background its still using memory. 
    if i open n close couple of apps memory usage is more than 50%.

2. There is new microsoft app called Reading List, I thought it was usefull, but it feel like a waste..
    * we can't use that on desktop mode, 
    * even when using on metro, it just saving the link of what we are reading, 
     so, when you want to read the article we have to open the link in some browser

3. on windows 8 'Photos' app had Live tile feature, on windows 8.1 it doesn't have..
    live tile for phtoos app was actually cool, 

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• 1.) Hold the dragged app at the bottom for 1 second until you see the Icon flip to really close it:

[Guide] How to Close Metro Apps Permanently in Windows 8.1?
    http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-close-metro-apps-permanently-in-windows-8-1/

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Thnxxx  for your info...

can i point one more thing, why microsoft still using desktop mode in windows RT

why don't they just make RT works only with metro.. that way its more beautifull..

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:32 AM
  • I agree with you, that the Desktop in RT is thee cause of the Surface RT failure, but MS is very ignorant about feedback. Hope they learn it for the next Windows version.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:09 AM
  • That's not fair. Office needs to be converted to metro and that takes time. It should happen in the next year.

Monday, October 28, 2013 1:33 PM