none
DCOM error between 2003 & 2008 server

Question

• Hi,

First of all I don't know if this is the right forum to post my doubt.

DCOM communication was working between two servers (both were windows 2000 server SP4 ). Now we have upgraded source server to windows 2008 (32 bit)

After upgrade DCOM communication is not working . Receving below error from client server

Error Code: 10009

Error :  DCOM was anable to communicated with the computer XXXXx using anyof the protocol.

I verified RPC & COMservices everything looks correct in both end.

I need help to fix this issues . Please show some light!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Venkatesh,

This usually happens when the network connections is not be configured properly, Please follow this article to troubleshoot, please note:

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

To troubleshoot this error, please refer to this article:

DCOM Event ID 10009

And this article related to this error may be helpful for you, which has comprehensive solutions.

Event ID: 10009 Source: DCOM

I hope this helps.

Monday, March 03, 2014 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all I don't know if this is the right forum to post my doubt.

DCOM communication was working between two servers (both were windows 2000 server SP4 ). Now we have upgraded source server to windows 2008 (32 bit)

After upgrade DCOM communication is not working . Receving below error from client server

Error Code: 10009

Error :  DCOM was anable to communicated with the computer XXXXx using anyof the protocol.

I verified RPC & COMservices everything looks correct in both end.

I need help to fix this issues . Please show some light!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hi Venkatesh,

This usually happens when the network connections is not be configured properly, Please follow this article to troubleshoot, please note:

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

To troubleshoot this error, please refer to this article:

DCOM Event ID 10009

And this article related to this error may be helpful for you, which has comprehensive solutions.

Event ID: 10009 Source: DCOM

I hope this helps.

Monday, March 03, 2014 8:33 AM
  • Thank you very much Anna.

I was cast away from work . Back after long time . Issue is not resolved yet . I tried the main solutions what you suggested and it didn't help. I am trying the comprehensive solutions one by one , as of now no luck. I will come back if got anything from that

Thanks again.

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:31 AM