none
Assignment {ID} has total CI = 221 | this not the number of updates I have in the list 159

Question

• Hello,

I have a deployment list of 159 updates.

When the clients get the update list they get a different number:

Assignment {1381782E-7BE2-4B2F-AA3A-A1062F01AE32} has total CI = 221

Question: is this supposed to match the number of updates with the CI number? if so what could be broken?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by Leo T Friday, September 27, 2013 11:10 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 11:08 PM

Answers

• Solution for this was:

When the central site server was rebuilt, the WSUS wasn't rebuilt properly and was missing 31K CI

Solution: uninstall WSUS component in SCCM, reinstall it and make it sync with the MS wsus server again.
    This had to be done for all sites reporting to the Central site.

Updates work fine now.

• Marked as answer by Leo T Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:52 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:52 PM

All replies

• a single update (KBnumber) can contain more than one file, so, more than one CI for each update is to be expected, in some cases

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, September 27, 2013 11:59 PM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply.

I removed obsolete updates (24) and the number did not change.
    Also when I see the status for the updates, most of them show unknown in the W7x64 -Production:

it this "normal"?

Thanks in advance

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:35 AM
  • Also when I see the status for the updates, most of them show unknown in the W7x64 -Production

"unknown" means that the client has not yet reported the results of a scan, or, that client is not reporting status.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:17 AM
  • So it seems the problem is in the Central site.

As soon as you add more then a hand full of updates, the job is no longer being seen by the clients pointing to the site code.

If you change the client to another site code, it picks up all the updates (even the one I have 215 =only 13 applicable)

What can I check in the Central site to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Solution for this was:

When the central site server was rebuilt, the WSUS wasn't rebuilt properly and was missing 31K CI

Solution: uninstall WSUS component in SCCM, reinstall it and make it sync with the MS wsus server again.
    This had to be done for all sites reporting to the Central site.

Updates work fine now.

• Marked as answer by Leo T Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:52 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:52 PM