none
schedule task last result "0x80"

    Question

  • Hi,

        I am using Windows Server 2003. All schdule tasks failed with "last result" as 0x80. what could be the reason for this failure.

    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:53 AM

Answers

  • It is solved. I checked in the system event logs, i found the following error. My scheduled task was running with a specific system user account. The batch file which was running through scheduled task, was fetching some data from database and was generating a .csv file. But here the sqlplus.exe was not getting closed after file generation(there was a "exit" command missing in .sql file). I found there are more than 60 numbers of sqlplus.exe was running under TaskManager.

    So, we put "exit" command at the end of each .sql file and manually closed all the sqlplus.exe processess from Taskmanager. Now it is working smoothly. :)

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Win32k
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 243
    Date: <var>Date</var>
    Time: <var>Time</var>
    User: N/A
    Computer: <var>ServerName</var>
    Description: A desktop heap allocation failed.

    • Marked as answer by geek_jumper Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:32 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:31 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    This problem occurs because the following conditions are true:

    • The AT service tries to run non-interactive tasks in a specific context.
    • The specific context is that of the user account session.
    • The user account session is connected to the computer that is using Terminal Services.

    To work around this problem, do not log on to a Terminal Service session with the same user account that is configured for the Task Scheduler service. Also try to download a hotfix from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843280/en-us

    In addition, I think this issue is not a Office problem, so if my suggestions have not solved your problem, I suggest you posting this thread into windows forum in order to get more professional help.

    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, July 26, 2010 3:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by geek_jumper Friday, November 19, 2010 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

        I am using WinScp418 for fle transfer. I have scheduled it in scheduled task. I can see the errors "0x80" in scheduled task. i checked in the eventvwr, it is having the following error. After that scheduled task is giving "0x80" error. I doubt WinScp418 doesn't support Windows 2008 64bit edition. Please help.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Date:  11/19/2010
    Time:  7:30:04 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: 
    Description:
    Faulting application winscp418.exe, version 4.1.8.415, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4480, fault address 0x0002237e.

    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 77 69 6e   ure  win
    0018: 73 63 70 34 31 38 2e 65   scp418.e
    0020: 78 65 20 34 2e 31 2e 38   xe 4.1.8
    0028: 2e 34 31 35 20 69 6e 20   .415 in
    0030: 6b 65 72 6e 65 6c 33 32   kernel32
    0038: 2e 64 6c 6c 20 35 2e 32   .dll 5.2
    0040: 2e 33 37 39 30 2e 34 34   .3790.44
    0048: 38 30 20 61 74 20 6f 66   80 at of
    0050: 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 30   fset 000
    0058: 32 32 33 37 65            2237e  

    • Marked as answer by geek_jumper Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:30 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by geek_jumper Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:30 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:18 AM
  • It is solved. I checked in the system event logs, i found the following error. My scheduled task was running with a specific system user account. The batch file which was running through scheduled task, was fetching some data from database and was generating a .csv file. But here the sqlplus.exe was not getting closed after file generation(there was a "exit" command missing in .sql file). I found there are more than 60 numbers of sqlplus.exe was running under TaskManager.

    So, we put "exit" command at the end of each .sql file and manually closed all the sqlplus.exe processess from Taskmanager. Now it is working smoothly. :)

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Win32k
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 243
    Date: <var>Date</var>
    Time: <var>Time</var>
    User: N/A
    Computer: <var>ServerName</var>
    Description: A desktop heap allocation failed.

    • Marked as answer by geek_jumper Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:32 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:31 AM