none
Last run date blank in Report Manager

Question

• Since migrating Reporting Services from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008, the Last Run date, visible on the Details view of reports in a folder under Report Manager, has been blank.  I would hope that this is supposed to be populated and equivalent to the "When Run" date visible in the 2005 version of Report Manager.  Does anyone know of any setting that needs to be configured in order for this to show, or if this has been reported as a bug?
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 8:14 PM

All replies

• The "Last Run Date" of the report is stored in the Report Server database in the execution log table.  Are you purging data?  Otherwise this only saves for 60 days by default.  When pulling from this table you'll have to pull the "Max(lastrundate)" to get the date.
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:10 PM
  • I am not referring to a table or a date column which I would have to query on my own.  My question is in regard to the Report Manager web application, and, specifically, the Details View of a folder in Report Manager.  This view has a column with the heading "Last Run", which is followed by a column headed "Modified Date": there are actual dates and times under the latter column; however, the column underneath "Last Run" is empty.  I would expect Report Manager to populate this column by default, but, that does not seem to be the case. 

Is there any way to attach an image of the browser application to this posting, so that I can better illustrate the issue?

Friday, January 21, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Are you referring to the "When Run" column in the details view?
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Hi Tim Peters,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your requirement, after your detailed information. I get your meaning completely. It does exist one clumn called "Last run" on report manager, however this column is relevant to SubScription, if you create a subscription and set a schedule for a report. After the schedule time, you will see a value in the "Last run" column. If you want to view the Last execution time, you could achieve this requirement on report, there is a build-in datafield called Globals!ExecutionTime, you could add a textbox on the report then type in the expression =Globals!ExecutionTime. Then you could see the execution time when some body open the report.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Challen Fu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:53 AM
  • Did any one solw this issue ?

I have the same problem no last run date on report menager :(

Deniz

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:49 AM
  • When one is viewing the Subscriptions Page for a report, there is. indeed. a column labeled "Last Run", and, for those reports for which we've defined subscriptions, that column on that page is populated.

However, when one is viewing the Detail view of reports in a folder (i.e. the Contents Page), there is a column there that is also labeled "Last Run"; however, one would expect that column to contain a value relative to the context in which the page operates; that is, a Last Run, or Last Execution, date for that report.  This column contains no value (neither a last subscription execution date, or a last execution date), despite the report having been executed regularly on a schedule. 

I'm not clear on how to use a built-in field called Globals!ExecutionTime to correct what appears to be, to me anyway, a bug in the Report Manager application.

Friday, June 17, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Deniz,

This issue has not been solved, based on my readings of the posts to date.  Sorry.  If you find an answer, please post it here.

Friday, June 17, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Has there been any progress/corrections/workarounds on this? I am in the same boat and my users want to know why it doesn't work. I have not been able to find anything anywhere.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:51 PM
  • This is a known issue with the new Report Manager layout in 2008 R2 and is being looked at for a future release. You can monitor the progress on this issue at the MS Connect site where the issue has been submitted. You can also vote on the issue to show that it is an important fix for you.

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/684537/last-run-date-missing-in-report-manager-detailed-view

Josh Gerszewski, MSFT
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:24 PM
  • Anyone anywhere got any latest update around this bug ?? Or is it still pending resolution ? I am also struggling with this issue as the business users would ideally like to see this field populated.

Can someone please update this thread accordingly.

Thanks in advance !!

Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:41 AM