none
Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported

Question

• im trying to install windows XP mode in one of the windows 7 machine but it wants me to do a windows validation check. So i downloaded the file from MS site but every-time i ran the installer i get this error message.

"This Version of the Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported. Please download the newest version and ensure that your system clock is accurate."

Apparently its a known bug and alot of people ran into similar problem, i followed what they did but that didnt work for me.

i ran a few searches, some people suggested MS didnt update there site link and other said download it manually. so far i haven't had any luck, please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

thanks

Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:27 AM

Answers

• MGA Diagnostic Report Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• Make sure you are using Internet Explorer for validation and the download.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:09 AM
  • I tried using IE.  Nothing happened when I clicked the Download button - several times.  And I don't like being forced to use IE.
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 8:24 PM
  • MGA Diagnostic Report Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:29 PM