none
Cannot find the file MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml

Question

• My SSIS 2008 book says that - 

The MSDTSServer100 service is configured through an XML file that is located by default in the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml. 

I cannot find this file in the given folder. But, I did find a MsDtsSrvrUtil.dll file which is of no use to me. 

The book also says that if you cannot find the path, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SSIS\ServiceConfigFile registry key in the Registry. By default, the XML file should look like the following: 

< ?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”utf-8” ? >
    < DtsServiceConfiguration xmlns:xsd=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”
    xmlns:xsi=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance” >
    < StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown > true < /StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown >
    < TopLevelFolders >
    < Folder xsi:type=”SqlServerFolder” >
    < Name > MSDB < /Name >
    < ServerName > . < /ServerName >
    < /Folder >
    < Folder xsi:type=”FileSystemFolder” >
    < Name > File System < /Name >
    < StorePath > ..\Packages < /StorePath >
    < /Folder >
    < /TopLevelFolders >
    < /DtsServiceConfiguration > 

But, I don't see this either inside regedit. All i see is a blank "thing" (photo attached). What is happening and how do I complete these steps ? 

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Are you sure you have SSIS installed on your machine? Please check it with Windows Service Manager (services.msc) if you have an entry like "SQL Server Integration Services 10.0"

BTW, the blank "\SSIS\ServiceConfigFile" registry key exists also on machines, where only the client tools are installed, but not SSIS itself.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:18 AM
  • Hello,

Are you sure you have SSIS installed on your machine? Please check it with Windows Service Manager (services.msc) if you have an entry like "SQL Server Integration Services 10.0"

BTW, the blank "\SSIS\ServiceConfigFile" registry key exists also on machines, where only the client tools are installed, but not SSIS itself.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thanks for your answer. This is very embarrassing, I did find the xml file there. But, what is the difference between SSIS and SSIS client tools ?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:43 AM
  • SSIS as the service (server) and SSIS client = developer tools like BIDS / SSDT.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:51 AM