none
How do I get the Printer Driver Stress Test?

Question

• I have a Windows Server 2008R2 Standard with SP1 x64 on VMWare ESX running as a Terminal Server. The users Log in from all over and use Printer redirection via RDP to print. This has been causing several issues, including the print spooler service to lock up. I was trying to load the driver for a particular printer which is in Chicago (The server is in Philadelphia). I was told to run Driver Verifier and then run the Printer Driver Stress test but I can't find a download for it anywhere.

Where can I find it?

Friday, July 26, 2013 1:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For 3rd party printer driver support,I suggest you confer with your printer vendor for the details.

Printer Testing Prerequisites:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124568.aspx

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, July 26, 2013 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For 3rd party printer driver support,I suggest you confer with your printer vendor for the details.

Printer Testing Prerequisites:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124568.aspx

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, July 26, 2013 8:30 AM

• Printing in an rdp environment is often not a fun.

TSEasyPrint has a bad performance on slow WAN connections and some printers doesn't work.

Without TSEsayPrint a corresponding printerdriver on serverside is required. Some drivers crash, doesn't work or crash the spooler service on TS.

A good way out is to use 3rd-party Software. A lot of solutions you can find around the world. They will operate more or less. The tools like screwdriver or thinprint works well, but they are very expensive.

My favorite solution is SLIMPRINTER .

Easy to install and use. Download without any registration.
    Softprogger

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:18 PM