General discussion

• hello , 

when i try to istall wsus in windows 2012 std i got this error :

plz , help me .

prince

Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:30 AM

All replies

• Bing translation:
    Failure of the request to add or remove features on the specified server. The operation cannot be performed because the server that you will have specified need a reboot
    Windows internal database
    Functionality of .NET Framework 4.5
    Remote server administration tools
    Role administration tools
    Tools services WSUS (WSUS)
    The user interface management console
    API and PowerShell cmdlets
    etc...

You can close this wizard without interrupting running tasks. Examine the progress or this page by clicking on Notifications in the command bar, and then click Task Details

So, it seems the server requires a reboot to complete the configuration tasks.
    What happens when you reboot the server?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, September 07, 2013 9:40 AM
  • When i restart the server nothing changes and no functionality has been installed . !!!!!!

prince

Saturday, September 07, 2013 9:55 AM
  • is the server in a healthy state?
    check the health as per: http://blogs.technet.com/b/joscon/archive/2012/09/26/fixing-component-store-corruption-in-windows-8-and-windows-server-2012.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Sunday, September 08, 2013 8:39 AM edit
    Sunday, September 08, 2013 8:38 AM