none
Forwarder Contacts provisioning through FIM Galsync

Question

• I am working on configuring GALSYNC between two AD Forests of the same company but different geographic locations. Both Forests share the same external mail-domain namespaces (forest A has @abc.com while forest B have @abc.com and @abc.org). In forest B all of the users who've @abc.org as mailbox have a corresponding forwarder contact in domain A whose mail attribute value is user@abc.com and the targetAddress attribute value as user@abc.org.

Right now we have not included forwarder contacts provisioning through FIM and is doing it manually and only provisioning normal contacts in the target forest . I know the default behavior of Gal-sync is to create corresponding contacts in the target domain with the same domain namespace so user account with mailbox user@abc.org will also be provisioned as normal contact in the target forest but I've the following requirement and let me know if this is possible:-
    -  User Accounts in Domain B with @abc.com mailbox be provisioned/joined as corresponding contact in Domain A as @abc.com

-  User Accounts in Domain B with @abc.org mailbox be provisioned/joined as forwarder contact in Domain A with @abc.com doing email forwarding to @abc.org

Jimmy George

Monday, February 03, 2014 4:00 PM

All replies