none
Exchange Server: reduze the level of logs

Question

• Hello, I have Exchange Server 2007 installed and check that it generates many logs and this ends up using much of my hard disk.

How can I do to reduce the level of logs?
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For this issue, I recommend you do an Exchange-aware backup to truncate the log files regularly. This type of backup will capture all the Exchange data properly and it will flush the Exchange logs, which are very important for your server recovery.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:06 AM

All replies

• Are these the Exchange logs associated with a mailbox database?

Have you been able to perform a backup yet?

If the backup is "Exchange aware", it should delete the old log files once the content is committed to the database itself.

Could you provide some details on what type of backup (if any) is used? 

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Yes, these the Exchange logs associated with a mailbox database.

I have not done backup procedures, but all data are on a different hard disk (E:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox).

These logs are growing so much, wanted to make them less verbose, so it takes up less space.

regards

• Edited by Mujhahid Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:54 AM
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

For this issue, I recommend you do an Exchange-aware backup to truncate the log files regularly. This type of backup will capture all the Exchange data properly and it will flush the Exchange logs, which are very important for your server recovery.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:06 AM