none
Office 2013 / Lync 2013 : Error during install : can't find setup.dll

Question

• I am trying to install lync 2013 (office 2013) on a Windows 7 machine which already has Office 2010 app installed. The O/S and Lync install is Korean. THis issue doesn't happen with any other language I've tried with (UK, FR, DE)

I have downloaded the KR Lync 2013 iso from Microsoft MVLS and am running setup.exe.

When it installs it starts up ok then asks for the setup.dll file. I simply click ok and it continues to install (it defaults to the correct folder with the setup.dll file in it, which is the same folder as the setup.exe sits in)

The installer then completes. Problem is I want to automate this not the have this pop up appear as my automated install from SCCM install fails

Any one see how to get around this?

Thanks

Monday, September 09, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Unzip the iso and replace the setup.dll from a healthy installed computer.

Please download the iso source from Microsoft MVLS again to check if the "setup.dll ask" dialog pops-up again. If possible, you may contact MVLS support to ask whether they could provide the source by email or share link.

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi TOny,

I've downloaded it twice already. Same error. I'll speak to MS then.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hello, does the issue solve? Any update?

Tony Chen

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Hi Tony, I logged a job, no call back. I've spoken to MS three times now and they've promised someone to ring back. Nothing. I was put through to a 'Manager' about 30 mins ago, but went straight to voicemail (I was hoping they rep would've asked me instead of putting me through). I left a message for this person. Doubt I'll get a call back.

Ridiculous, all I want is to get a copy of Korean Lync.

I'll ring them again.....

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:01 PM