none
.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.18444 - There was a failure initializing profiling API.

Question

• Hello,

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard edition and this 1022 error shows up in the event logs: 

.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.18444 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure.  This process will not allow a profiler to attach.  HRESULT: 0x80004005.  Process ID (decimal): 6384.  Message ID: [0x2509].

This server is a SharePoint 2010 server with about 10-15 concurrent users. Most users experience a credential pop-up message asking them for account information.  Some users can’t login even if they enter in correct account information. Some users enter in their account information, and they can access SharePoint sites. Some users see this message more than others. For some users, they can access SharePoint resources fine for a few days, but then see SharePoint ask for credentials when they could access the resources just fine the day before.  

The reason I mention this that when users get a pop-up for credential, this .Net Runtime error 1022 appears in the event log at the same time.

SharePoint is configured to use NTLM.

I am thinking this is not a SharePoint problem, but a Windows server issue. However, I really don’t know for sure.

I have run the .Net Framework Setup Verification Utility for .Net 4.0 Full.  The utility has verified the product is installed correctly.  

So, I am stuck on what is going on? Can anybody help? 

Paul

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:17 PM

Answers

All replies