none
Problem with mapping share drive

Question

• Please Help,

I have got a network where there are more than 50 computers member of domain and also on my network I have got a file server, where clients use it for sharing files, but when mapping the share drive on client computers I get the below error, 

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

can any one help please, I am really facing lots of problem now

Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi HashimNoori,

In addition, please also try the steps below:

Please try to restart the netlogon service on the affected server.

If this can not work, instead of doing a "regular" logon. Use the following to access the share:
    1. Open an Explorer (folder) window.
    2. Under Tools on the Menu, select the option to map a network drive.
    3. Enter the share as you normally would do so. (e.g. \\server\share)
    4. Instead of clicking Finish, click the text link to "Connect using a diffferent name".
    5. Enter the account for the remote machine. (e.g. server\localuser or OtherDomain\domainuser)
    6 Click OK to try the alternate credentials.                                                                                                       For more detailed information, please refer to this:

Mapping Drive to Remote Network Server Share Error - No Logon Servers Available

Best Regards,

Anna

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:36 AM

All replies

• What is your file server? Is it a Windows server or NAS/SAN?

1) Make sure your file server is domain joined and the DNS settings are correct.
    2) Are your client machines properly communicating with the network?
    3) Are you logging on with a NON cached domain account?
    4) Make sure your sites and services subnets are properly created and assigned.

Let me know how those check out.

- Chris Ream -

**Remember, if you find a post that is helpful, or is the answer, please mark it appropriately.**

Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Hi HashimNoori,

In addition, please also try the steps below:

Please try to restart the netlogon service on the affected server.

If this can not work, instead of doing a "regular" logon. Use the following to access the share:
    1. Open an Explorer (folder) window.
    2. Under Tools on the Menu, select the option to map a network drive.
    3. Enter the share as you normally would do so. (e.g. \\server\share)
    4. Instead of clicking Finish, click the text link to "Connect using a diffferent name".
    5. Enter the account for the remote machine. (e.g. server\localuser or OtherDomain\domainuser)
    6 Click OK to try the alternate credentials.                                                                                                       For more detailed information, please refer to this:

Mapping Drive to Remote Network Server Share Error - No Logon Servers Available

Best Regards,

Anna

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:36 AM