none
Multiple Calendars for a Single Resource in a Project

Question

• I have a project where resources work for some days in one country and then move to work in different country for later part of the project. Both countries have different working weeks i.e. one has Monday to Friday working while other has Sunday to Thursday working. Is it possible that a resource can have multiple calendars or do i need to create two profiles of the same resource and assign different calendars to them i.e. two resource profiles for same resource:

Resource 1 - Country A and Resource 1 - Country B

Please help.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:10 AM

All replies

• Luckylyfe --

You will need to create two resource profiles for each resource, as it is not possible to apply two different calendars to the same resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:50 PM
  • Thanks Dale.. this is what I had done earlier. I was hoping if there was another way out but it seems that there isn't :)

Anyways thanks.. I appreciate your help.

If you don't mind, I would want to ask you something more. When we create a resource pool, should the calendars for resources be defined in the resource pool file or in the sharer file where they will be used? Which is the better option? 

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Luckylyfe --

If you are using a shared resource pool file, I would recommend that you create the calendars in the shared resource pool file and then assign them as the Base Calendar of each resource as needed.  Shared projects will inherit the resource information for each resource when you connect the project to the shared resource pool file.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:31 PM