none
Problem Updating SharePoint 2010 Task List from Outlook 2007

Question

• Hi,

I've created a task list in SharePoint 2010, then clicked to connect it to Outlook 2007.  The tasks appear and as updates occur in SharePoint they are syncing to Outlook.

The problem is if I update a task in Outlook, it fails to sync.  When I turn-on logging and look in the log file, it displays the error message: "The list that is referenced here no longer exists."

Since they are syncing one way, I'm confused by this error message.  I looked in the error log at the GUID and it matches SharePoint except one is lowercase and the other is uppercase.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

May be you can try to re-link the task list. Remove SharePoint task list connection from Outlook and add the connection again.

Best regards,

Riwut Libinuko
    SharePoint Architect, Singapore
    Microsoft MVP | SharePoint Server | Singapore
    Blog : http://blog.libinuko.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:01 PM
  • I've tried relinking multiple times with no luck.
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Any other ideas?  I'm at a loss, so I'd be happy to provide any debugging information to help dig into this further.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Hi - I just found this thread as I am experiencing exactly the same behavior except with a calendar list.  Have you been able to make any new headway with this?  It was happening to a different user but after I synched my Outlook with the same SharePoint calendar I too am experiencing this behavior.  Not only with that calendar, but all calendars I'm synched with in SharePoint.  I went so far as to remove the calendar and SharePoint List.pst references within Outlook, deleted the actual SharePoint List.pst, cleared all my IE cache files, and rebooted my machine.  One thing I'm noticing is that the SharePoint List.pst file (along with the linked calendar) gets recreated when I simply restart Outlook (i.e. I can't permanently get rid of it!).  Right now I'm going on the hypothesis that something got corrupted in this PST and a copy is getting pulled down from my roaming profile every time I restart Outlook.
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:45 PM
  • No progress.  Luckily (for me), I'm just looking into these features to see if they're feasible, so I'll just be avoiding SharePoint due to lack of support.
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:56 PM
  • Have the same issue. Tried delete/read list, reinstall outlook, etc, but no luck. Any help appreciated
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:12 AM