none
Provide Credentials for using Dart8

Question

• Hello,

i have implemented dart8 in my MDT/WDS environment.

When doing a pxe-boot it`s possible for every user to use Dart8.

Are there any possibilities to intergrate a credentials-check for using Dart8 by doing a PXE-boot?

Thx

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:36 AM

All replies

• What exactly do you mean by "credentials check?" If you want to connect to the WinPE session, DaRT (in WinPE) will supply a ticket number, IP address, and port number. You'll need all of those if you are running the DaRT Remote Viewer manually. The other, preferred method is to enable Monitoring in the MDT workbench, find the machine that's been imaged, and click the "DaRT Remote Control" button.

-Nick O.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:55 PM
  • I think he means something like using AlwaysAuthenticate in WinREConfig.xml or something, so that using the DaRT8 tools requires an admin against the local machine and can't just be run by anyone that PXE boots the machine.  If he's including tools like Password Reset, it's a good idea.  But I, personally, haven't gotten AlwaysAuthenticate to work with DaRT8 (and see posts that others have the same issue), so don't know if it's possible with the WinPE4/ADK integration at all.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Hi David,

that`s true where i am looking for....

For Deploying a MDT-task-sequence Admin-credentials are needed.

Are there also any options available for dart8?

Thx

Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Hi David,

i saw this blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/natecanen/archive/2011/08/08/dartlocaladminpassword.aspx  about the local admin password.

Can be this also in combination with MDT/WDS/WINPE4?

Thx

• Edited by Mvd12345 Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:52 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:51 PM
  • Hi David,

can above option be implemented in DART8 for MDT?

Thx

Monday, February 25, 2013 7:52 AM