none
Deployment error when modifying measures and my heirarchy

Question

• I am working on Lesson 3 on analysis services tutorial where i am modifying measures and my heirarchy and this is my error message.

Warning 1 Dimension [Date] : Avoid visible attribute hierarchies for attributes used as levels in user-defined hierarchies. 0 0
    Warning 2 Dimension [Customer] : Avoid visible attribute hierarchies for attributes used as levels in user-defined hierarchies. 0 0
    Warning 3 Dimension [Product] : Avoid visible attribute hierarchies for attributes used as levels in user-defined hierarchies. 0 0
    Warning 4 Dimension [Product] : Define attribute relationships as 'Rigid' where appropriate. 0 0
    Warning 5 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: A duplicate attribute key has been found when processing: Table: 'dbo_DimDate', Column: 'CalendarQuarter', Value: '4'. The attribute is 'Calendar Quarter'. 0 0
    Error 6 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully. 0 0
    Error 7 Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed. 0 0

What can i do to fix this?

Sunday, April 20, 2014 11:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Please refer this blog. And make sure when you create attribute relationship make sure you specify the right type. For instance on date dimension you create a hierarchy 1 each for Calendar Year & Fiscal Year. In this case for Calendar Year when define attribute relationships we are pretty sure that this would not change so this is set "Rigid" but for Fiscal Year they might get changed from time to time is set "Flexible".

Hope this helps............

Ione

• Edited by ione721 Monday, April 21, 2014 12:11 AM incomplete
    Monday, April 21, 2014 12:09 AM
  • Yea...I tried that and it did not seem to work.

I am doing the analysis services tutorials, is there a way to go back and re-do what was done instead of trying to delete and redo. I followed this tutorial for 2012 to the T and its not working.

Monday, April 21, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Which version of SSAS are you on? This does not matter much but trying to understand if we are comparing apples to apples. Did you deploy and process the solution? If yes then you would have to re-do it could be done without deleting.

Ione

Monday, April 21, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
    Monday, April 21, 2014 7:38 PM
  • Hi Cook959,

In your scenario, it seems that the issue was related to the error message.
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: A duplicate attribute key has been found when processing: Table: 'dbo_DimDate', Column: 'CalendarQuarter', Value: '4'. The attribute is 'Calendar Quarter'. 0 0

There are many reasons that can cause this issue, here are some blogs which list the reasons and explanation, please refer to the links below to see the details.
    http://ms-olap.blogspot.com/2009/11/duplicate-attribute-key-has-been-found.html
    http://blog.oraylis.de/2013/08/a-duplicate-attribute-key-has-been-found-during-processing-revisited/

Hope this helps.

Regards, 

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:39 AM