none
SSRS disaster recovery

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a process that automatically transfers and deploys any changes made to an SSRS instance to its disaster recovery counterpart so that if our site goes down we can switch over to it with out any other intervention. I understand that replication can cause problems and wouldn't solve the issues around deploying the reports in the report server database to the front end. clustering also isn't an option 

Has anyone else solved this problem ?

I am working on SQL 2008 R2

BI

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi BI,

Based on the current description, I understand that you may mirror the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) databases or want to deploy reports to multiple instances, and the report on one of instances is as a backup.

If it’s the former situation, there are many ways to perform disaster recovery with SQL Server Reporting Services. For more details, please refer to this technical note: SQL Server Reporting Services Disaster Recovery Case Study. It provides guidance around best practices to design and manage robust end-to-end disaster recovery (DR). This DR method will involve both automatic and manual failover in the form of content switches, SQL Server failover clustering, and database mirroring.

If it’s second situation, you want to implement dynamic change of the reports between instances simultaneously. I think it’s not supported currently.

If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by BI_Baracus Friday, November 29, 2013 11:40 AM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 9:52 AM