none
How to validate streamed apps?

Question

• hello all,

We are trying to find a way to validate what is streamed to a machine.  For example, with a package I could compare SCCM collection membership to Add/Remove programs. 

With App-V 4.6, the App-V client applet (Applications node) shows which applications are streamed to that machine. 

Is that still true with the applet in App-V 5?
    Is there somewhere in the registry I can find that same list?
    Is there a better way to confirm what the workstation (locally) thinks is being streamed to it?

Thank you

Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Yes

Yes, however the interface to use would be PowerShell if you want to view it on the client.

If you want a GUI for the PowerShell cmdlets to view what is available - you can download it here;

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41186

Yes, if you read the App-V 5 and ConfigMgr 2012 there are classes that can be enabled for Hardware Inventory that will allow you to gather what is deployed to a client;

http://www.virtualvibes.co.uk/configuration-manager-2012-sp1-and-app-v-5-0-documentation/

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by Will-iam Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:56 PM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:28 PM
  • Thanks very much for taking your time to answer.  I will have a look at the links and info you shared.

For your answer, "Yes, however the interface to use would be PowerShell if you want to view it on the client.", can that same PowerShell cmdlet be used to view the local information of a remote machine?  or is the info somewhere in the registry to be viewed remotely?

obviously once we identify a way to remotely view the local info, we will want to script it to view for both single machines and "en mass".  Perhaps HINV will be best but I like to investigate all options before proposing best solution(s).

Thanks again!

• Edited by Will-iam Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:46 PM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:54 PM