none
Improve Corporate BI

Question

• When will Microsoft trying  to improve the  "corporate"  BI ?   reporting side only .
    Improve products, such as SSRS, Power View (operate on its own web server (SSRS Server ?)  without  need  for  sharepoint <-- expensive and complicated  etc...)  
    I see more and more of my clients, who have  not time to "play"  with Excel and Power BI who migrate their BI to click view products

Best regards

Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Bamakus,

A Reporting Services report server supports two modes of deployment for report server instances:

• Native mode: where a report server is a stand-alone application server that provides all viewing, management, processing, and delivery of reports and report models. This is the default mode for report server instances. We can configure a native mode report server with Reporting Services configuration manager and SQL Server Management Studio.
    • SharePoint mode: where a report server is installed as part of a SharePoint server farm. Deploy and configure SharePoint mode by using PowerShell commands or SharePoint content management pages.

So we can install a report server in native mode without need for sharepoint. In this mode, we can design, display, manage and delivery some reports. While if you want to use Power View or PowerPivot, then you still need sharepoint, since Power View is a part of the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013 Enterprise Editions. If you have any concerns about those products, I would suggest you submitting a wish at
    https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 30, 2013 8:46 AM