none
Asses machines for Windows 7 and Office 2010 upgrade together

Question

• Is it possible to setup an assessment to plan for upgrades to Windows 7 and Office 2010 at the same time? Or is it a case of tweaking the minimum specs of the Windows 7 assessment to reflect the extra CPU and memory needed to run both?
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Answers

• You can use the "Customize assessment properties" option on the Windows 7 Readiness scenario detail page to use higher values than the default ones. Be aware that the numbers you see in the UI won't change because those are just looking at the minimum values.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:48 PM

All replies

• You can use the "Customize assessment properties" option on the Windows 7 Readiness scenario detail page to use higher values than the default ones. Be aware that the numbers you see in the UI won't change because those are just looking at the minimum values.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:48 PM
  • I have a similar question:

We are assessing our inventory to migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I am trying to customize the Microsoft Assessment and Planning toolkit to do so. I set custom values for the workstations (Processor, hard drive size, memory, etc) but yet it does not reflect in the assessment nor the readiness report and proposal. I completely understand that this data uses Microsoft's default specifications to run Windows 7 but we do not want to present the proposal based on Microsoft's recommendations because we feel that theirs is way too low. How do I configure MAP to use custom workstation recommendations when generating its assessment and proposals?

Thanks,

Rick 

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:55 PM