none
I want to present myself, my screen, and intermittent canned video to 50 simultaneous users. Can SMS help?

Question

• I do corporate training. Sharing my desktop or my webcam is easy but I need to present training videos and be able to stop them when people ask questions. Sharing my desktop while playing a video is not feasible because of performance. Will the media services help with this or, if not out of the box, are there enough features in the API/SDK to accomplish this?

I know Lync, which we have, can do some of this but I don't think it will do well in streaming some video content from my PC. I essentially want to stream a live "tv" program (Me TV!) of myself, sort of like the nightly news. If nothing else, I would just like to be able to have everyone's streaming video feed "pause" when I want, and then begin again when I want.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:53 PM

All replies

• Lync is not going to provide this functionality. Even if you were to Desktop share there would be no audio via the share (played video will be without audio). 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

• Proposed as answer by PaulB_NZMVP Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:14 AM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 5:31 AM