none
Template Update - ADRMS

General discussion

• Hello Guys,

I need to update the templates and I have some questions:

1 - My environment has around 20,000 workstations, which is the best scenario to update the templates for all workstations? Through SCCM (my fear is that there is degradation of the environment by virtue of this update) or via GPO?

Looking forward

hugs
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

how have you distributed the templates the first time?

If it is really an update of existing templates the new settings are in place as soon you update the template on the RMS server. That give you plenty of time to update the templates in the field.

Hth,

Lutz

Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Lutz,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I already distributed the templates.

Now I need to perform the update these templates. My problem is that the company wants us to update quickly, however I do not want to degrade the environment. So I wonder what the best case scenario, if it is through GPO or SCCM.

regards

Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Please help me to understand what you mean then with "update". Because with making the changes to the template on the RMS server and distributing the templates to all clients you should be good. what else do you need to update?

Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Hi.

i need to update the templates, because I need to change the message that appears to the user as identified that some users are getting confused with the restrictions.

My concern is to know what the best scenario to upgrade them because my environment is very large and complex.

Also, I would not want users to stay with outdated templates.

In my opinion the best scenario is through GPO, because the demand will attend a simpler and faster way, correct?

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi.

I would strongly review the new AD RMS 2.1 client and how templates can be propagated:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/archive/2013/06/06/office-2013-ad-rms-client-2-x-and-template-distribution.aspx

GPOs can just point to specific place and you may have to decide local/remote paths and hwo to maintain offline, you can use template new capability to define refresh period so this can happen automatically.

Regards.

Cristian Mora (Synergy Advisors)

www.synergyadvisors.biz

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:28 AM