none
Exchange Connector not parsing some E-mails for some paticular Incidents.

Question

• Hello,

I met a very strange question on SCSM 2012 SP1 & Exchange Connector 3.0 RTM.

1. Whenever I send an E-mail to the mailbox without WorkItem ID, a new incident will be created properly. (Correct)

2. If I send an E-mail with [Incident ID], some Incidents are updated properly, but some others cannot be updated anyway.

3. All Incidents are created by the same Exchange Connector. So there's no difference between the Incidents.

4. If an Incident can be processed, every E-mail was processed and the Connectore update the Incident properly anytime. The E-mail will be deleted by design.

5. If an Incident can NOT be processed, no E-mail was processed. The incident is always in the original status. The E-mail will be set as Read but not deleted.

Can anybody shed some light on me? Thanks in advance.

Yog Li

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

please check the event viewer, log operations manager.

there is na issue, and a fix for the Exchange Connector:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2013/07/02/exchange-connector-3-0-rtm-bug-fix-available-now.aspx

regards

PEM

• Proposed as answer by Pedro Esteves Monteiro Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, September 09, 2013 10:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 04, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Thank you Pedro.

It seems like the same issue. I extended the Incident class and found the same error message.

According to the article,

A new build of the Exchange Connector 3.0 with this fix will be available in 1-2 months and will be available for download without creating a support case.  That will be much faster/easier if you can wait for that.

However, 2 months had been passed, where can I find the fix or new build of EC 3.0?

To extend the Incident class caused some other problems too. I hope the hotfix will come soon.

Yog Li

Thursday, September 05, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Hello

you need a new version of Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.dll 

this fix is available by calling Microsoft Support and creating a case.

regards

PEM 

Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:24 PM
  • Hello,

Will this issue be resolved in R2 version?

Thanks,

Yog Li

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:34 AM