none
Cannot access report with an anonymous logon error

Question

• I deployed my reports on the report server which makes queries to another database server to retrieve data (double hop scenario) using windows integrated authentication.

When I tried to view the report got the following error:

"Cannot create a connection to data source 'MyDBName'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
    Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.  "

What is strange is, other reports on the SAME report server hitting the SAME database server instance works fine.

The only difference between the two reports is they're retrieving data from two different databases of the same DB server instance.

Can someone point me to the direction what could be the problem? Thank you!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Tina,

This error occurs when credentials are passed across multiple computer connections. If you are using Windows Authentication, and the Kerberos version 5 protocol is not enabled, this error occurs when credentials are passed across more than one computer connection. To work around this error, consider using stored credentials or prompted credentials. For more information about how to work around this issue, see Specifying Credential and Connection Information for Report Data Sources.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:25 AM
  • Well, the same report server has other reports that're working, which connect to the same database server.

If the Kerberos protocol is not enabled, other reports will not work at all.  

Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:09 PM