none
MAP and Windows 7

Question

• Dear All,

i have a problem when i ran Windows 7 Assessment Results for Client Computers

- Failed - Connection refused

- Failed - Access Denied

- Failed - RPC Server Unavailable

- Failed - Connection time out

- Failed - Connection time out

Please advice

Omar A. G. Dweik Senior System Engineer Qatar - Doha

Friday, April 06, 2012 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• See this TechNet Wiki for an explanation: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-inventory-status-messages.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Hello,

how i can solved that error any step by step documents

Omar A. G. Dweik Senior System Engineer Qatar - Doha

Monday, April 09, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Sometimes these errors can be caused by MAP saturating the network, but usually it's a network security or configuration problem. If you feel that it is a network saturation problem, you can follow the steps in this blog post.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 09, 2012 10:14 PM
  • On the target Windows 7 PC - enable the following InBound rules:

• Windows Management Instrumentation (ASync-In)
    • Windows Management Instrumentation (DCOM-In)
    • Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI-In)

I am using the Domain Firewall profile so I enabled only the Domain profile for these InBound rules.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:56 PM