none
Pivot table -- Page redirection when double click on column value

Question

• Hello Team,

When we have a pivot table which is connected a sample data model in power pivot.If we want to analyze data then we have to drag the fields to the pivot table area right?

Here is the deal,if we double click on the value column then it is redirecting to the new excel page which is giving me the complete details about the row value.

But my requirement is that,when we double click on the column value it should redirect and should show the info only related to the column value.

Is it possible or not?

If yes please provide me the steps...

Thanks in advance....

Sunday, September 01, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• But my requirement is that,when we double click on the column value it should redirect and should show the info only related to the column value.

Hello,

But that's already what the "drillt-through" action will do, it gives you all detail rows where the sum value bases on.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, September 02, 2013 2:46 PM
  • For example,

I have the following table:(pivot table fields)

User_Name    P.Delivered     A.Delivered    Late_Delivered

User 1                   2  1                   1

User 2                   3 1                   2

Now when we double click on it,then it showing all the data regarding the user 1 Right?

My requirement is ,if i double click on column value Late_Deliverd of User 1 then it should give only the info which task is not delivered.

Similarly when we double click on Delivered of User 1 then it should give only the info related to delivered task.

So please help me out to solve this issue...

• Edited by NB515 Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:09 AM tyryu
    Monday, September 02, 2013 6:34 PM
  • You consider putting "late_delivered" as filter value. So when you select that filter value, it'll show only info about tasks that are not delivered. Does that work?

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

Monday, September 02, 2013 11:17 PM
  • No it is not working.In Pivot table we dont have an option filters for column values right?

But if i click on any column value it is redirecting and showing the whole info of row value.It should show the information only which is related to column value.

Is there any way to achieve my req?

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:15 AM
  • In Pivot table we dont have an option filters for column values right?

Of course you have; the column head do have an arrow down, when you click on it you can select the wanted values. Or you add the column as a slicer for a quick filter option.

No, you get always the complete row, not only one column, when you click on a sum value.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Hello Olaf

Yeah we will get always a compltete row. But i want that complete row for that column value only.

For example,i have total 10 columns and 5 rows(2 rows for User-1,3 rows for User2)

So if i click on delivered of Row1(user1) where the value is 1  it should give info related to  delivered task detalis with complete row information(i.e, it should give 10 columns info and the one row related to user1)

when i am clicking it is showing all the rows of user1.It should not give like that.

Now did you get my point?

• Edited by NB515 Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:01 AM trtrtyy
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:54 AM
  • NB15, could you restate a new question clearly?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, September 13, 2013 6:40 PM