none
Wrap a table in two newspaper style columns

Question

• I have been trying to find some solution how to make a SSRS (SQL SERVER 2012) report where I have one table but I want the output to split into two columns on the page. I have found some ways of doing this, f.exs. here and here.

Those examples are fine, but what if you have a column with large amount of data that is going to next page. Is it possible to split the data into two columns, where the data continues on the left column on the next page?

I enclose a img of how I would like SSRS to populate my report. The text in Column two continues in column one on the second page.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Gudmundur,

As Leo posted, I am afraid this required cannot be achieved in Reporting Services. I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 15, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi, I don't think this can be done in SSRS.

Regards, Leo

Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:38 PM
  • Hi Gudmundur,

As Leo posted, I am afraid this required cannot be achieved in Reporting Services. I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 15, 2013 9:57 AM