none
Package validation error after adding package configurations

Question

• Hi,

I have created one SSIS package, while move on to production, I have added package configuration as a sql type configuration (I didn't run on my local)and it was running successfully for couple of months as a scheduled job. To add a validation I opened the package but I couldn’t run package in my local, it gave validation error. I thought the package was corrupted, so I got previous version (before implementing package configuration) from source safe and changes are done. After adding package configuration its giving package validation error - error in DFT Lookup task, the mapped column broke in. When I try to remap its giving incompatible column cannot look up. Both columns are same data type; I couldn’t get any reason why its give incompatible data type after adding package configuration.

Please give your suggestion how to solve this.

Thank you.

Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• What error exactly did you get?

How the package is designed?

What SSIS version?

Arthur My Blog

Friday, May 02, 2014 2:16 PM
  • On the properties of the package set 

ProtectionLevel = EncryptAllWithPassword

PackagePassWord = yourPassword

Build, close and open the package, and retry

If you get the same problem, download and install the latest vesrion of Service Pack of SQL Server

Friday, May 02, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Based on what I saw it is a schema difference (change) between your environments. Thus the error.

Arthur My Blog

Friday, May 02, 2014 5:23 PM
  • I think its difference in metadata between your local and production table. First check both objects and see if metadata is the same.

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Friday, May 02, 2014 6:11 PM