none
Disable colleague and keyword suggestions

Question

• Hello all,

Is there a simple way to globally disable the emails that SharePoint sends out with colleague and keyboard suggestions? I've seen articles about using group policy or manually changing the scan via Outlook, but is there an option in SharePoint that can be disabled? I haven't seen anything that seems obvious.

Thanks,

Aaron

Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Aaron,

Please try to modify the following Group Policy setting registry key. For details, please see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee620541.aspx#section10

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Portal\ColleagueImport\Enabled

Values = DWORD 0 to turn it off and 1 to turn it on.

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:00 PM
  • That is something that requires a GPO and is toggled on/off on client computers, isn't it? I don't see that setting server-side. I was hoping for some simple server-side way of turning this off instead of having to use group policy.
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:51 PM
  • To update this, I must have overlooked the timer jobs. I disabled the My Job Suggestions Email timer job and that seems like it would solve my question.
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:29 PM
  • But even after disabling "My Site Suggestions Email Job" - email shoot. Any idea how to stop that.

Regards Sudip Misra sudipmisra@hotmail.com +1-412-237-5435 Pittsburgh, PA

Monday, July 16, 2012 1:41 PM