none
Remote Apps launch with a command window

Question

• All RemoteApps launch with the program and a black DOS window.  How can I disable this DOS window from launching.  I have searched and found no solution.  Even using a VB script does not help.
    Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:25 PM

Answers

•  

HI

I strongly believe this could be an issues with some other software or any virus may be trying to execute when app is launched.

This is never a function of remote APP. You need to find out from where and how the command window is launched.

Login to server directly and try to launch the same application and find what is happening and form where it’s getting CMD.

Even you can use some register and application monitoring tools and find what functions are called, if you feel fixing the issues is only options rather than reinstalling the server.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi

Its not Remote App behavior rather need to check the application presented by remote App or on the session host there may be some logon / Startup script causing the issues 

Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:26 AM
  • I assumed so and tested other standard microsoft apps and it resulted in the same thing.
    Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Hi 

Is it possible to test it on another session host and try to publish some App.

Can you share screenshot 

Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:39 AM
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg96hlsgs38mier/Capture1.PNG

I can't upload pictures here yet I guess.

I have tried it on multiple client machines.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:47 AM
  • HI

I am not referring to Client, I referring to remote App server - Can you try adding another server with Remote APP and try 

Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Okay I setup another server as the remote app server temporarily, and it doesn't pop up the DOS window.  What is causing this to happen as I need to use the previous server as my TS computer.  I cannot host apps on this temporary server in the future do to other issues.
    Monday, June 16, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posting in Windows Server Forum.

From your description it seems that there is some misconfiguration during the installation and configuration of RemoteApp. You can do the same steps as you have tried in your newly server and try to reinstall and publish the new RemoteApp and check the result.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:16 AM
  • What misconfiguration?

I removed and re-added the whole of the Remote Desktop Services Role on the affected server.  The only difference with this server being that it has Remote Desktop Licensing running as well.

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:26 PM
  • I checked using the license server with the new temporary server, it was not affected.  So I assume the License Service is correctly setup.
    Monday, June 16, 2014 4:01 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your comment. 

Please let us know some more information.

Did you receive the same error after reconfiguration of RDS role service on affected server?
    Have you provided any command line parameters for particular RemoteApp?
    Do you face the issue if you publish “paint or wordpad”?

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:21 AM
  •  

HI

I strongly believe this could be an issues with some other software or any virus may be trying to execute when app is launched.

This is never a function of remote APP. You need to find out from where and how the command window is launched.

Login to server directly and try to launch the same application and find what is happening and form where it’s getting CMD.

Even you can use some register and application monitoring tools and find what functions are called, if you feel fixing the issues is only options rather than reinstalling the server.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:11 AM