none
ChkDsk C: /F doesn't even bother to provide the result of the disk check !!!

Question

• Windows 8.1: I just ran chkdsk c: /F in an elevated command prompt window.  It scheduled a scan at the next reboot, which I then ran.

Compared to Windows 7, the messaging during the scan is very sparse.  And at the end it doesn't even report a minimal result, like, "The Disk Scan Found no Errors" or "Errors were found and fixed." You get the idea.

What's going on here with the engineers working on windows 8?  I mean, you've got to be kidding.

I suppose that the result may have been put in an event log some where, but I can't find it.  The event log system is, itself, very fragmented.

This is so extremely lame.  I am VERY, VERY frustrated with windows 8.  It truly is Vista 2.0.

If the engineers working on Windows 8 are the same as those working on Windows 9, I fear that it will be Vista 3.0 and I think you know what that will to do Microsoft's image.

Just because Windows 7 that followed Vista 1.0 was a success and a popular OS, you should be careful not to assume that Windows 9 will yield a similar result.

Charles S. Cotton

Monday, August 18, 2014 3:36 PM

Answers

All replies