none
Exchange connector 3.0 never run, no logs

Question

• I have this issue ever since I update to SCSM 2012 SP1.

The Exchange connector stays at never run..

I checked the logs and nothing appears pertaining to the Exchange connector either.

Here is what I confirmed:

Updated SCSM2012 SP1 to CU2
    Reinstalled the management pack
    Reinstalled/recopied EWS API
    SCSM Workflow account is member of the local admin group on the SCSM server

I have also done the "reg hack" to allow logging and set level to 7 but I still get nothing in the Operations Manager log..

Anyone has any insight?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Do you get these errors in the Operations Manager log?

Event ID 33880

A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.  
    Workflow Type: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow    
    Workflow Identifier: 26a9e5a1-185f-60f7-e83f-4d6bb49dc686    
    Exception Type: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException    
    Exception Message: The user Domain\WorkflowAccount does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

Event ID 26319

An exception was thrown while processing ProcessDiscoveryData for session ID uuid:f22483af-6795-4aed-8470-eab0b72e23f0;id=597.  
    Exception message: The user Domain\WorkflowAccount does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

If yes, try to add the workflow Account to the Service Manager Administrator Role.  

Friday, September 13, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Hi, sorry for the late response, I have been very sick lately :(

Unfortunately I am not getting any of those errors. I only get a few warning related to Health Service.

Any other insight?

Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Did you copy EWS API v1.2 or v2.0?  It wont work with 2.0.  Check the version and make sure you are using 1.2.

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:38 PM
  • I do have EWS API 1.2
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:54 PM
  • Hi, is your workflow account member of the SCSM administrators role?
    Friday, September 20, 2013 7:29 AM
  • My workflow account is a member of the local Administrator group on the SCSM management server and the SCSM Administrators User Roles group, anywhere else it should be?

Thanks

• Edited by mdeschenes Friday, September 20, 2013 1:10 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi, that is the 2 memberships it needs to have. Do you run your consol as "run as administrator" when setup the Exchange Connector?
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:55 AM
  • What is our exchange version and configurations for your SCSM Exchange connector ?

Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:15 PM