none
To-do List and Tasks, Outlook 2013

Question

• Hi,

I have a few problem showing Tasks in Outlook 2013 :

When clicking on "tasks" for a given account, I can't see flagged emails, only tasks, why isn't it merged anymore ? 

When clicking on "To-Do List", all my emails and tasks are present, but I just can't reassign a date like "today, tomorrow, etc.", it doesn't show in the top bar.

Either I can't see my flagged emails, either I can't assign a date for them, what should I do ? It worked really fine in 2010.

Thanks !

Jerome.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:32 PM

Answers

• "When clicking on "tasks" for a given account, I can't see flagged emails, only tasks, why isn't it merged anymore ? "

- I can still see both of flagged emails and tasks. Change your current view to check the result. Thanks.

"When clicking on "To-Do List", all my emails and tasks are present, but I just can't reassign a date like "today, tomorrow, etc.", it doesn't show in the top bar."

- Yes, I can confirm this is by design currently. In Outlook 2007/2010, it can shows multi-day agenda and see multiple navigation calendars. However, do this with a pinned peek in Outlook 2013, you'll only see just one day for meeting request/one month in calendar:(

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:13 AM

All replies

• "When clicking on "tasks" for a given account, I can't see flagged emails, only tasks, why isn't it merged anymore ? "

- I can still see both of flagged emails and tasks. Change your current view to check the result. Thanks.

"When clicking on "To-Do List", all my emails and tasks are present, but I just can't reassign a date like "today, tomorrow, etc.", it doesn't show in the top bar."

- Yes, I can confirm this is by design currently. In Outlook 2007/2010, it can shows multi-day agenda and see multiple navigation calendars. However, do this with a pinned peek in Outlook 2013, you'll only see just one day for meeting request/one month in calendar:(

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I have been using the cashed mode in Outlook 2010 in both my office and home computers by transferring the offline data file xxx.ost between the two computers every time when I switch from one to the other. After upgrading to Outlook 2013, however, I have encountered a series of problems with Outlook when I switch between the two computers. First, if I transfer the offline data file xxx.ost from one computer to the other, Outlook 2013 tells me that the file belongs to a different mailbox and has to start a new xxx.ost file, taking a long time to download my emails from the Exchange server. Second, if I don’t transfer the offline data file xxx.ost onto the other computer after using Outlook 2013 in the cashed mode on one of the two computers, Outlook 2013 on the other computer tell me that the existing xxx.ost file is obsolete and ask me to delete the file and restart the program, requiring even more time for me to make Outlook operational. Third, I also tried to disable the cashed mode in Outlook 2013 on one of the computers. Even though I have not yet seen what happens to Outlook on the other computer under this condition, I have already encountered new problem. Specifically, the Peek for Tasks in the Outlook running in non-cashed mode shows an empty To-Do list rather than Tasks, and I cannot make the Peek function work for Tasks after trying many different things.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:20 PM