none
OSK (On Screen Keyboard)

Question

• In MDT how can I do the equivalent of the manual steps to enable the OSK and change the administrative settings so that it will appear PROMPTLY on the login screen.  
    Monday, February 11, 2013 6:51 PM

All replies

• Found this script that calls the OSK.exe, does that help you?

ShellExecute(@SystemDir & "\osk.exe")

My main script is compiles as x86 version.  I added:

If @OSArch = "x64" Then;
       ShellExecute("C:\Your_Path_Here\keyboard64.exe")
    Else
           ShellExecute(@SystemDir & "\osk.exe")
    EndI

For more info look here: Calling the on screen keyboard in windows 7

Search term used: windows 7 on screen keyboard command line

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:14 PM
  • It is a helpful start.  I've got about a week and a half of MDT "ice time" and I don't yet have any scripts of my own.  In the semi-automatic process of image generation prior to MDT, two steps were required.  The first was to use the "Ease of Access" center to tell Win 7 to use the "computer without a mouse or a keyboard" which is perhaps equivalent to calling osk.exe.  The second step was to click the "change administrative settings" hyperlink and check the box that says "apply all settings to the logon desktop".  In an environment with a touchscreen, aka "a computer without a mouse or a keyboard", this last step is essential to get past the logon screen.

In the overall scheme of things I would want to add such steps just after the installation of applications, unless there is a potentially better place to do this.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:23 PM
  • No it can be done, best thing to start with then is to analyse your actions and break them up into parts that can be automated. For example executing commandlines, adding registry keys, running applications to achieve the goal you are trying to reach.

For example, to always boot with the OSK present, perhaps you need to modify a regkey, capture that key with REGSHOT or Installwatch and you know which key contains these settings.

Basically when the deployment is finished you will receive a summary, before the summary or after the installations of apps, insert your settings / customization, do a reboot so you know that you're modified registry settings have been applied for sure, and you can also easily monitor the progression of the steps when you know that after te reboot the machine is finished.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:07 PM