none
Flat File

Question

• Hi All,

I am created Flat File structure as below

Header(1)
    Details(0-Unbound)
    Footer(1)

All looks fine , no errors but  The Output come in One line rather than 3 lines

like : Header  Details Details Footer.

Am I missing any required properties ??

I am using BizTalk 2010 version and I did not use Flat file wizard to create FF. 

Thanks

Raj, http://rajwebjunky.blogspot.com

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:19 PM

Answers

• I would suggest you to use Flat File Wizard, Its a very smart tool to create Flat file schema. I would suggest you to refer this  for an example.

It seems you are missing CRLF, to seperate your records.

If you use the FF Wizard it will be easy to create and manage the schema.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam
    If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly!
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com |

My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:32 PM
  • If I understand you correctly, you want the Header, Details and Footer each to be on a separate line.  If so, make sure the root record is delimited, postfix with <cr><lf>  carriage return / line feed as the delimiter... specify 0x0D 0x0A in the properties as the delimiter for the record.

If you are still having issue, you can send the schema(s) along with a sample input to my MSDN hotmail account and I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

ddownin@hotmail.com

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:35 PM

All replies

• I would suggest you to use Flat File Wizard, Its a very smart tool to create Flat file schema. I would suggest you to refer this  for an example.

It seems you are missing CRLF, to seperate your records.

If you use the FF Wizard it will be easy to create and manage the schema.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam
    If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly!
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com |

My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:32 PM
  • If I understand you correctly, you want the Header, Details and Footer each to be on a separate line.  If so, make sure the root record is delimited, postfix with <cr><lf>  carriage return / line feed as the delimiter... specify 0x0D 0x0A in the properties as the delimiter for the record.

If you are still having issue, you can send the schema(s) along with a sample input to my MSDN hotmail account and I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

ddownin@hotmail.com

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:35 PM