none
publish power query workbook to sharepoint 2010

Question

• Hey eb

I am using power query within excel 2013 workbook - will i be able to publish it to a sharepoint 2010 farm?

What do I need to do on sharepoint 2010 side to make it ready for excel power query publications?

Should I downgrade excel to 2010 in order for it to wprk with sharepoint 2010?

Will power query work at all with escl 2010??

TIA!

Rea

Sunday, October 20, 2013 1:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

SharePoint 2010 refresh of workbooks containing Power Query queries is not supported.

Thanks,
    M.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:37 PM
  • thanks!

other then that - can i use excel 2013 power query workbook when publishing to sp2010

or i should work with excel 2010 to begin with?

What do i need to install on sp2010 in order to support power query work books?

Thank again

Rea

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend you to take a look at this guide: Introduction to PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010

Also wanted to let you know that, as part of Power BI, we are working to enable refresh of workbooks with Power Query queries in SharePoint Online. This capability should be ready for you to use in a few months.

Thanks,
    M.

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Thanks

you refered me to a powerPivot aticle.

What if i want to share a workbook with power queries only - no power pivot model on top of it.

Will i then be using the power pivot document library as well

when publishing to sharepoint 2010 - so all power pivot services and infrastructures should be up on sharepoint's side - even if all i want to do is publish a simple workbook with some simple queries only?

Thanks !

Rea

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

You don't need any additional setup for publishing a workbook with PQ queries (or any other workbook artifact, like a Data Model, Power View report, etc.). It's just a workbook : )

With that said, this is merely a storage capability and wouldn't include refresh, report visualization, etc. unless you enable those pieces. At the moment, for SharePoint 2010 only Power Pivot refresh is enabled. There are currently no plans to enable PQ query refresh in SharePoint 2010.

As part of Power BI for Office 365, the team is working on enabling refresh of queries within a workbook stored in a SharePoint Online site.

Hope this helps. Thanks!
    M.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:13 PM