none
report viewer

Question

• Hello,

I have a reportviewer in a web page, in the localMode, the data sources are added correctly and the parameters too.

I get this error in the run time, also I have no problem with the database connection, I have some dropdown parameter and I can load them correctly

"network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Any help please?

Thanks,

Manar

Monday, September 09, 2013 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hello Manar,

Seems your connection string / the used credentials are not correct, so the connection to SQL Server fails. Please verify that you can logon with the credentials / server name to the SQL Server.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Hello,

I have a reportviewer in a web page, in the localMode, the data sources are added correctly and the parameters too.

I get this error in the run time, also I have no problem with the database connection, I have some dropdown parameter and I can load them correctly

"network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Any help please?

Thanks,

Manar

Dear Manar 

Check Dataset connection string i think your dataset that used in report has connection string not equal web.config connection string.

• Proposed as answer by Neno farid Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Hi Manar,

I notice that you have resolved the issue. Could you share the solultion? If you can post the solution to the forum, it will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply.

I was mistaken, I had another code not related to the report.

I appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Manar

Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:47 PM