none
Can we build a FIM MA which reads data from a webservice?

Question

• Hellos,

We get a subset of HR data from the HR system (not SAP!) "indirectly". Their native HR system exposes its data relevant to FIM as an SQL Table. The customer has complained that the lag between native HR changes and the SQL Table change (and hence into FIM and other connected sources.. AD Exchange Lync etc.) is becoming too great.

It has been discovered that the HR system has a web service "interface".

My question is what is best FIM practice in this case.

Is it best to use Powershell or something to poll the HR webservice and feed a file/sqltable into FIM as a standard MA?

Can we easily write a custom MA which communicates with the webservice directly?

Friday, September 06, 2013 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hello,

aside from other scipted Solutions like you descibed in your post, you have the following main Options:

1. Using the downloadable FIM WebService Connector and customize it to your Need
    FIM WebService Connector

2. Use Sorens FIM Powershell MA and script the WebService Data retrival.
    FIM Powershell MA

3. Write your own WebService MA with the ECMA2 Framework
    ECMA2 Developer Reference

The best solution depends on your Need and coding skills, i dont know enough about your detailed Environment, so best practice is hard to say.

Regards
    Peter

• Marked as answer by HaroldHare Friday, September 06, 2013 11:31 AM
    Friday, September 06, 2013 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

aside from other scipted Solutions like you descibed in your post, you have the following main Options:

1. Using the downloadable FIM WebService Connector and customize it to your Need
    FIM WebService Connector

2. Use Sorens FIM Powershell MA and script the WebService Data retrival.
    FIM Powershell MA

3. Write your own WebService MA with the ECMA2 Framework
    ECMA2 Developer Reference

The best solution depends on your Need and coding skills, i dont know enough about your detailed Environment, so best practice is hard to say.

Regards
    Peter

• Marked as answer by HaroldHare Friday, September 06, 2013 11:31 AM
    Friday, September 06, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Option 1 looks most promising.

I just wanted to know what tools there were for FIM accessing data from Webservices.

Friday, September 06, 2013 11:32 AM