none
PowerPivot Silverlight Views - stops working when more than 1 Managed MetaData Column is added!?

Question

• In SharePoint 2013, we have added 2 MetaData columns to the PPivot Gallery library.   When viewing any of the SilverLight views, no items are shown.   If we have just 1 metadata column, it works just fine.

Anyone know about this?   Tested in 3 different environment, all the same result.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:35 PM

Answers

• Well I'll be darn, I figured it out.

Thanks to you, when you typed out Person and Group, it reminded me some list issues with SharePoint when it comes to Lookups.

Go to Resource Throttling and check out the List View Lookup Threshold.  It defaults to 8 (although I only have 3) and I put in 50 for the heck of it.

Went back to the view, and it worked.   I am not saying this is your solution, but it was a revelation.

Friday, March 07, 2014 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi bnurick,

PowerPivot Gallery is a special-purpose SharePoint document library that provides rich preview and document management for published Excel workbooks that contain PowerPivot data as well as other document types. Could you please elaborate your issue with more detail that sliverlight view didn't show fine with more detail?

We discuss SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint related issue in this forum. If you have any more questions regarding SharePoint 2013 PowerPivo Gallery, I would suggest you open a discussion in the forum below:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/home?forum=sharepointgeneral

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 07, 2014 6:08 AM
  • In SharePoint 2013, we have added 2 MetaData columns to the PPivot Gallery library.   When viewing any of the SilverLight views, no items are shown.   If we have just 1 metadata column, it works just fine.

Anyone know about this?   Tested in 3 different environment, all the same result.

I've been experiencing the same issue, across 2 environments.

At first, we believed it was due to our custom content type (derived  from PowerPivot Gallery Document) but when we test with the OOTB content type and simply add our custom columns the Silverlight views are blank.  

After seeing your question, I added my custom columns to the OOTB content type one by one.  I was able to add 3 before my Gallery view broke.  I also noticed that it broke when adding a custom content type of Person or Group type, not just Managed Metadata.

Were you able to make any further progress on this issue?
    Friday, March 07, 2014 3:40 PM
  • I have not actually.  Funny, I did a somewhat similar process.   We inherited like you did into a custom type.  We then added 2 Metadata fields to that type.  It broke.

I then created a default PPivot Gallery, using the default types, and added a Metadata column one by one until it broke at 2.

I have not figured anything out at this point as to what is going on.   

Friday, March 07, 2014 4:50 PM

Thanks to you, when you typed out Person and Group, it reminded me some list issues with SharePoint when it comes to Lookups.

Go to Resource Throttling and check out the List View Lookup Threshold.  It defaults to 8 (although I only have 3) and I put in 50 for the heck of it.

Went back to the view, and it worked.   I am not saying this is your solution, but it was a revelation.

Friday, March 07, 2014 5:11 PM

That's it.  Essentially both the Managed Metadata and Person or Group columns are lookups.  Once we bumped up our List View Lookup Threshold, the Silverlight views render without issue.  Nice catch!
    Friday, March 07, 2014 6:19 PM