none
WSUS: Connection Error when syncronising updates.

Question

• Hi there 

I have just installed the WSUS Sp2 on a Windows Server 2008 R2, the issue is that when the updates are syncing in the WSUS it stops at 16%. After that its provides an Connection Error "An error occurred trying to connect the WSUS server. This error can happen for a number of reasons. Check connectivity with the server. Please contact your network administrator if the problem persists.  When I open the WSUS console again it says the snap is not responding I would appreciate any views on this matter or solutions as I am struggling with connecting the network to WSUS updates. 

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:59 AM

Answers

• Am 05.03.2014 schrieb Powershell Script to create transport rule:

I have just installed the WSUS Sp2 on a Windows Server 2008 R2, the issue is that when the updates are syncing in the WSUS it stops at 16%. After that its provides an Connection Error "An error occurred trying to connect the WSUS server. This error can happen for a number of reasons. Check connectivity with the server. Please contact your network administrator if the problem persists.  
    When I open the WSUS console again it says the snap is not responding I would appreciate any views on this matter or solutions as I am struggling with connecting the network to WSUS updates. 

I think you have to update your WSUS. Pls have a look:

WSUS 3.0 (SP2):     Build 3.2.7600.226
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2720211:     Build 3.2.7600.251
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2734608:     Build 3.2.7600.256
    WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2828185:     Build 3.2.7600.262

The Build Number you will find on the Startpage from WSUS.
    http://www.wsus.de/images/wsus-version.png After installing updates,
    pls restart the whole Server and try again to sync.

Servus
    Winfried

Gruppenrichtlinien
    WSUS Package Publisher
    HowTos zum WSUS Package Publisher
    NNTP-Bridge für MS-Foren

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:51 PM

All replies